‘Beyond a tin of food’ will see volunteers not only supporting local food banks, but finding creative ways to raise awareness of the problem of food poverty, and to call for action to tackle the root causes.
Their volunteer leaders are currently completing a ‘Hunger Challenge’ – living on food parcels like the ones supplied by food banks, and blogging or vlogging about the experience. Click the links below to see some of their reflections – and if you can, why not follow their blogs and support their activities?
- Connor McGregor made a ‘movie trailer’ for the Challenge
- Emily Graham at Lancaster University is talking about the Challenge on her blog
- The ‘Mother Meets Mankind’ blog includes updates on the Challenge and reflections about mental health and stigma
- Emma Crone’s blog also covers mental health issues alongside her experiences of the Challenge
- Pauline Meyer is blogging about the Challenge – and also produced some great memes and infographics to share information about food poverty